Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Itch

Have you ever felt so completely happy one week... and the next all of that changes? for example. my life.
I've been quite content for quite a while.

My family is amazing and lives a hop, a skip and a jump away, give or take a few miles.
I have an incredible group of ridiculously rad friends, near and far.
I love my roommate and our home.
I have a full time job that I adore, all inclusive of a loving church family, a boss who is a complete rock-star, and of course the infamous lunch bunch.
I'm slowly kicking my debt's butt...very slowly, but it's happening.

So, all of that to say: I have a stable income, a stable living situation, a stable group of people that surrounds me, and a set of stable goals (aka the butt kicking I spoke of before.)

I love where I am right now.

During the last couple of weeks (cue creepy music) IT happened. The Itch.
If one were to superimpose a blank time-line over the story of my life, they would be able to clearly mark the other moments that I've been "infected" (for lack of a better word) by The Itch.

I can't tell you the exact moment in the past few weeks that it happened...but it did. Every single time this has happened to me, I have not only had to step out in faith but also leap over mounds of fear, and rely not only on my strength but on a strength that is so much deeper than myself.

The difference between previous Itches, and the most recent "infection" is that I know that I am in the right place, where before I knew it was time for something new.

I'm not going to ignore the itch, because maybe I do need change, something new, but maybe it isn't necessarily moving half way around the world again. We'll see what comes of this Itch. I just needed to put it out there to the unknowing universe that once again I have know idea what this means but I'm up for the challenge. I cling to the same faith and strength that I have needed with previous itches, and am excited to continue to embrace Texas.

Life is always changing and I'm continually adventuring- no matter how mundane (or shall I say stable) it may look.

Mad love.

No comments: